Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"F" Bomb to Happiness




Here is my remedy for "What to do this year that will make me happier than I was last year." It goes like this:  I don't necessarily need to reinvent myself in 2015, I just want to ramp up some of the same good stuff that I have already been focusing on in 2014.  For me, it is somewhat like refilling a precsription for the new year with just a little more "oomph" added in this time.  The key is fusing this script into my daily life and the perfect solution for retention is to include an  F' Bomb into the equation.   It totally works as a built in reminder and it places my intentions front and center. 

This year I have four different prescriptions that I know for sure have worked as reinforcement for me to increase my happiness, and I am betting that they will work for you as well. 

 I will be revealing my other 3 favorites in the upcoming blogs so keep close watch.  Don't feel you have to follow my prescription - as you can invent your own to fit your current goals and intentions.  Be sure to share your F' Bomb scripts with me in the comments below or on our Facebook page.


HUG HARDER THAN A MUDDA FUDDA!

So Whats up with wimpy huggers?  You know, the ones who hesitantly offers up a hug - and then, when they finally muster up the clumsy courage to hug you it's only a half hearted, barely touching, back patting, hug-less hug?

Well I know who you are! - and I get it - because I was one of those bumbling weak type of huggers myself.

My family never exactly received high marks in the hugging category when I was a kid.  That's not to say there was not a lot of love in our family, there certainly was, but I just never noticed a whole lot of big bear hugging going on between my mom and dad.

For years I attributed my lack of whole hearted hugging to bashfulness or simply being too reserved to be able to wrap my arms around someone for a Hi - Howdy-Do.

I grew up in typical middle class suburbia in Michigan where hugs had social meanings and consequences attached to them.  In my high school days if you hugged a girl, that meant " YOU HUGGED A GIRL!"  News like that would be spread like wildfire and the two culprits were instant locker gossip and labeled passionate lovers who were destined on a path to Going Steady!  And as a guy, if for some strange reason you hugged another guy, OMG, you would have been viciously ridiculed down to some kind of queer status and forced to hide in a bathroom stall for the rest of the semester.

As an adult I was never much of a hugger either, which I now realize is connected to my fear of vulnerability and intimacy.  Fortunately my wife is somewhat of a hugaholic and she will hug just about anyone, anytime, even upon first meeting them.  Her hugging habits have loosened up my hugaphobia to a degree, but it wasn't until fairly recently that I began my transformation from hugless to huggerific!

A few years ago I was enlightened by my life coach who helped me to realize that vulnerability and intimacy were not as scary as I thought they were ...and in fact, those two fears were robbing me of a good deal of JOY in my life.

Now that I have faced and embraced those two fears, I have discovered a whole new wealth of JOY and HAPPINESS!

These days I have become a much improved hugger.   It gives me a comforting warmth to hug someone.  Now I almost feel a need and passion to give that comfort and warmth to others.  So  when I give a hug today - I will not be wimpy.   I will hold that hug just tight enough and long enough to be sure it is a hug that is pleasantly felt and a hug that is fondly remembered.  And that makes me HAPPY.


In 2015 I plan to really hit my "Big Hug Stride" and truly make a difference.  The next time you give a hug - be aware and conscious.  Hug a little harder and a hug little longer - then let me know how it feels.


Just be you,
Chris

truenaturecc.com


Next week's F' Bomb to Happiness:





1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sridhar!
    Much appreciated.
    Let me know if I can support you in any way.

    ReplyDelete